The Kansai region in Japan is packed full of old temples, shrines, pagodas and so on. It makes for one of the most cultural areas you can see in the country, with Kyoto being the jewel in the crown.
I personally spent several weeks in Osaka to see the area on day trips and wrote an in-depth guide on day trips in Kansai if you’re interested in more ideas for the area.
Nara nearby also has some great temples, but my personal favourite area was Koyasan up in the mountains. Such a beautiful and serene place.
Here’s a photo journal of temples and shrines of these 3 places in Kansai. A must see on any visit to Japan –
Temples and Shrines in Kansai
Go and see the cultural heartland of Japan in Kansai.
RELATED POSTS >>>
- The Best Places In Japan (A Photo Guide Showing Where To Go)
- How To Spend a Day In Kyoto (For The Best Temples…
- Japan Travel Checklist - What to Pack For Japan Essentials
- Matsuyama Japan in One Day (The Best Things To Do)
- Japan Is Cheaper To Travel Than You May Think (This is Why)
- 10 Movies About Japan To Watch Before Visiting (Must See)